On behalf of the Congress
Organizing Committee it is my great honour to invite you to attend the
6th Croatian Congress on Infectious Diseases with international participation
to be held on October 24th – 27th, 2009, in the old town of Šibenik, rich
in monuments from Gothic and Renaissance architecture.
today are again in the centre of medical interest, presenting as emerging
and reemerging diseases, newly discovered viral diseases, diseases affected
by climate change as well as those occurring during population migration
for tourist and other purposes, hospital infections, bioterrorism-related
Infectious diseases are encountered in all fields of medicine, whether
as secondary complications of basic underlying diseases, or those with
infectious etiology but belonging to hematological, oncological, degenerative
and other diseases. Thus, infectious disease specialists undoubtedly represent
an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary profession.
The 6th Croatian Congress
on Infectious Diseases will bring together infectious disease experts
as well as epidemiologists, microbiologists, immunologists, clinicians,
molecular biologists, veterinarians, meteorologists from around the world
to present and discuss the most recent and relevant information in the
We proudly point out
that Croatia, through its rich history, very early recognized the importance
of infectious diseases for the public health – the first quarantine in
the world was opened in 1377 in Dubrovnik.
We invite all colleagues
who are dealing with this complex problem of infectious diseases to join
us in Šibenik and present their experience and results in finding solutions
to the problem of infectious diseases across the globe.
Congress social program has been specially designed to introduce you to
this beautiful centre of the Croatian Adriatic, hopefully enough to make
you wish to come again.
Looking forward to
seeing you in Šibenik !
Croatian Society of
Professor Tatjana Jeren MD, PhD
President: Tatjana Jeren
Vice-presidents: Ilija Kuzman, Ljiljana Perić, Biserka Trošelj-Vukić
Secretary: Rok Čivljak
Treasurer: Alemka Markotić
Hukić M., Bosnia and Herzegovina
Jonjić S., Croatia
Jung M., Switzerland
Kalenić S., Croatia
Lecour H., Portugal
LeDuc JW., USA
Paessler S., USA
Petrosillo N., Italy
Poljak M., Slovenia
Primorac D., Croatia
Ryabchikova E., Russia
TOPICS / Session moderators
1. Central Nervous System Infections / Nikola Bradarić
2. Respiratory Tract Infections / Ilija Kuzman
3. HIV/AIDS, Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Infections in the Immunocompromised
/ Josip Begovac, Alemka Markotić
4. Viral Hepatitis / Adriana Vince, Ivo Ivić
5. Sepsis (Endocarditis) / Bruno Baršić
6. Urogenital Infections and Sexually Transmitted Diseases / Višnja Škerk
7. Gastrointestinal Infections / Biserka Trošelj-Vukić, Antun Beus
8. Parasitic Infections, Tropical Medicine and Travelers` Diseases / Davorka
Lukas, Radovan Vodopija
9. Zoonoses and Vector Transmitted Diseases / Boris Dželalija
10. Pediatric Infectious Diseases / Goran Tešović
11. Antimicrobial Treatment: Current Status and Future Trends / Ljiljana
12. Infectious Diseases Diagnosis: Current Status and Future Trends /
Snježana Židovec – Lepej, Oktavija Đaković-Rode
13. Immunoprophylaxis / Goran Tešović
14. Hospital Infections / Arjana Tambić-Andrašević, Rok Čivljak
15. Bioterrorism and Forensic Epidemiology / Alemka Markotić, Dragan Primorac
16. Climate Change and Infectious Diseases / Ksenija Zaninović
17. Free Communications / Tatjana Jeren
to be prepared...
Solaris, Šibenik, Croatia
the city of Šibenik
Members of CSID 200 EUR
Others 250 EUR
Interns and students 100 EUR
Accompanying persons 100 EUR
fee should be covered by bank draft to:
Zagrebacka banka, d.d., Zagreb, Croatia
On site payments will be accepted as well.
form (with completed title, type of preferred presentation and authors)
should be sent by April 1, 2009 to
Congress Secretariat by fax or e-mail.
Abstract deadline June 1, 2009.
Abstracts should be written in English, sent only by e-mail to email@example.com
by June 1, 2009.
Croatian and English
PowerPoint slides and Posters should all be written in English.
Lecturers and poster presenters may choose to address the audience in
either English or Croatian language.
Simultaneous translation will not be provided.
Plenary lectures 20-30 min
Invited lectures 15-20 min
Oral presentations 10 min
Poster presentation 3-5 min
Symposium 1 h
The Organizing Committee
reserves the right to determine whether a submission is accepted as a
presentation or a poster.
Pharmaceutical industry exhibition will be organized.
equipment: LCD projector
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued to all participans at the registration.
for Croatian participants:
tel: 385 1 4603 240
for international participants
tel: 385 1 4603 190
University Hospital for Infectious Diseases
10 000 Zagreb, CROATIA
Fax: +385 1 4678 235
" O-Tours", Gajeva 6,
Contact person: Ivana Bujanovic
Tel. ++ 385 1 49 21 720
Fax: ++ 385 1 48 13 013
web page: http://www.otours.hr/